What to expect on moving day
Get a Free Moving Quote
"*" indicates required fields
After choosing one of the many movers Palm Beach County had to offer and planning the move, you’re almost there. You managed to pack and label your boxes and plan your move on time. No amount of preparation can help you with everything, though. Sometimes, unexpected things will happen. Understanding the process of moving and knowing what to expect on moving day can help you. Before the day of the move arrives, we at New Leaf Moving Group suggest that you make a list. This list should include things to do on a moving day in order to make things easier. These tips should help you be prepared for moving day and reduce the stress that comes with this day and event. At times like these, the best thing to do is expect the unexpected and rely on your pro movers to help you.
What will my movers do on the day of the move?
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably already hired one of the many long distance movers South Florida had to offer. As such, you may or may not be curious about what movers do on moving day. Knowing what your movers will do will help you know what to do and how to act while they’re present.
- The company you hired should tell you the rough time when they’ll be at your home. Aside from the movers and packers, your go-to person for all of your doubts is the supervisor of the crew.
- The first thing your movers will do is have a written inventory of your goods with the state of each item and an assigned number. Check the assessment out and make sure that everything is listed correctly on the checklist. To make sure everything is in one piece and in the same shape it was before the move, you must have this list. It’s also good to have it in case you need to file a damage claim. Make sure to read and check everything before you sign the list and confirm it’s ok.
- After the inventory is completed, the movers start to load the vehicle. They’ll first figure out the best order in which to load things and then start sorting everything. Things you do not want to be loaded, like valuable items or personal files, should be set aside. This will help avoid having your movers load these items.
- Professional moving companies have their own methods and guidelines for loading your items. Each piece of furniture will be packed well and taken from inside your home to the vehicle. The movers will also load their vehicle from floor to roof and will make it hard for items to shift during transit.
What to expect on moving day when it comes to interacting with your movers
Whether you’re moving to Texas from Florida, to Florida from Texas, or otherwise, you’ll have skilled movers for sure. When your movers come over, the best thing you can do is get out of their way. Let your movers do their job in peace, and if they need your help, they’ll call you. So, what will they do?
- Packers will group your items on their own. There are many companies offering moving services Boynton Beach has available, so you should use them.
- Your movers will plan the order in which they will move your boxes. In other words, the movers will determine the order in which they will move and load your boxes and furniture. Of course, you should keep an eye on which items are entering the truck. Like we said before, keep your most valuable items with you, in your own vehicle. You should keep things you can lose easily like jewelry, and important documents, close to you at all times.
- Your items will be packed the way your movers think is best. Don’t worry if things don’t look organized right away. Upon arrival, you will have the opportunity to tell the moving crew where you want each item placed in your new home.
- In the very end, the movers will give you a bill of lading. The bill of lading includes the moving estimate and your estimated delivery date. Carefully examine this document before signing it. Make sure you agree with everything to avoid any misunderstandings or surprises later on.
For a good, credible moving company, make sure to use the FMCSA database search tool. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
There’s not much left to cover
Moving day is probably the most stressful part of any relocation. A delivery day, however, is a moving day’s aftermath. It’s the day when the supervisor will hand you the inventory sheets. As each box is moved into the house, the crew will announce the box numbers. It is up to you to check them off the list. Once each item has been unloaded and moved into your new home, your task will be to sign the inventory sheets. We, and every other moving company out there, kindly ask you to review everything carefully before signing. If any items go missing or are damaged, or you suffer any property or auto damage, you should note this on the inventory sheets. On top of that, you should also notify the moving company as soon as possible.
However, you now know what to expect on moving day and very likely won’t have any issues. Luckily, with a good moving company like New Leaf Moving Group, you can work everything out and won’t have to worry about a thing. It’s up to you to stay calm during the relocation and make sure you keep things under control. A good moving company can help you, but it’s also up to you to remain cool. So, what are you waiting for? Get a free moving quote today and relocate your home with our company!