Step-by-step moving day checklist
Get a Free Moving Quote
Many people find that a step-by-step moving day checklist can save a life during the moving process. That’s why we at New Leaf Moving Group are here to give you one that might save your life, too. Many moving companies from Florida to New Jersey can help you with your move. However, you also have to be ready and know what to expect and do before, during, and after the move. Thankfully, that’s what moving day checklists are for. Instead of being grumpy, disorganized and under pressure due to no organization, you will know what to do and will not forget a single thing. Without further ado, let’s get into the contents of the New Leaf Moving Group’s checklist for the moving day.
Step-by-step moving day checklist: what to do
Once the moving day finally arrives, you should be ready for action! If you got everything ready up to this day, you won’t have much to worry about and will only need to get a few more things out of the way. This is just to make sure that you feel as good as possible and to make the move efficient.
- On moving day, you want to wake up on time, preferably as early as possible. You don’t want the movers Boynton Beach offered you to see you in your pajamas, still groggy from having slept in. After you finish normal, daily routines, such as drinking your morning coffee and having breakfast, it’s time to work.
- Clear the path to your home or apartment so your movers can carry things out with ease. You don’t want the workers to trip and potentially hurt themselves or break something fragile.
- If you haven’t done this before, take inventory of all items in the house. This will help you keep track of things you have and what the movers are transporting. An even better thing to do is to, if your movers have an official inventory of your stuff, ask them for a copy, and sign the original. This is to be able to file a claim in case something is lost in transport.
- Checking papers and documents is a must on moving day. Don’t get caught in a moving scam! It should be on the FMCSA database if it’s a legit company.
- Provide your movers with contact info and a new address if you, for example, have to leave while they’re still working. It will be best if you can stay and be there to answer any questions your movers might have.
These steps are crucial in every move
Whether you’re planning an interstate move or just hiring some of the most reliable local movers Boynton Beach FL can offer, a step-by-step moving day checklist can help. You should do things even when you’re moving on your own, though we still advise you to hire a moving company just to be on the safe side. People believe that they will save money by moving on their own, but it can usually cause more losses and damage. On top of that, it causes stress. However, moving day preparation isn’t all about making sure the movers can do their job and checking documents. Some steps also have to do with you preparing for this brief period during and after the moving day.
- Make sure to bring food and drinks with you. Moving day is long and ruthless and will drain you a lot. This is why you should make sure to have something to refill your energy. Sandwiches, snacks, and water bottles are a must-have on moving day.
- Pack an essentials box or bag. You might’ve packed essentials earlier, but if you haven’t, now is the time to do so. Pack documents, cosmetics, medications, and similar things so they’ll be available at all times. You might even want to pack some clothes that don’t wrinkle so easily so you can change if you make a mess or just need to get comfortable.
- Do one last final check-up of your home because you most likely won’t be coming back anymore. This is to avoid forgetting any items and to make sure that your home is clean before you leave it.
- Related to the last step, also do one last sweep of your home to make sure it’s clean.
There are a few more things you can do that could be on your list
Now, there are always countless things you could add to a checklist, but this one specifically aims to get the most important things out of the way. If you prepare well, then the long distance movers Boynton Beach had available will also be able to help you.
- Don’t worry: your movers are professionals and know what to do. The best way you can help them is to stay out of the way. If they need your help or have any questions, they’ll let you know.
- If you sold your home or are renting it, give the keys to the new tenants.
- Save any receipts you get from your moving company. If you are moving with a reputable moving company and using their services, keep the receipts and contracts in case something goes wrong. It’s always better to be safe than sorry because you’ll never know if you’ll need compensation.
As you near the end of the big day and we near the end of this step-by-step moving day checklist, there aren’t many notable things to add. If you’re feeling generous and want to treat your South Florida movers for a job well done, then tipping them at the end of the process is a good choice. Once you’re in your new home, start setting things up to sleep for the night so that you can rest up for the upcoming days of unpacking and settling down.