How to create your man cave in Boca Raton home
Get a Free Moving Quote
"*" indicates required fields
Have you just moved to Boca Raton, and you’re looking for additional help on creating your man cave? You’ve come to the right place! Boca Movers have decided to share their ideas and help you create the perfect sanctuary, getaway, or and chill area. Everyone needs a place where they have their own peace, where they can just lounge and chill and reset. For many people, that’s their bedroom or nature – but sometimes, you need something different. Creating a man cave is a very exciting project for many, as you can make both your childhood and adult dreams come true. To see how to create your man cave, keep on reading!
To create your man cave, first, decide what kind you want
When you first start thinking about your cave, you’ll have to decide what kind of a man cave you want. Do you want it to be for gaming, watching movies and series on a big screen, will it have lazy bags, figures, etc?
When you decide on what you want out of your man cave, then, to create your man cave just like you want it – try to visualize as many details as possible. When you’ve done that, make a list of all the items you want to be included in your man cave, and the items you’ll need for it.
For example, it should look like this:
- Paint – when creating your man cave, you might want to think about repainting it.
- Lazy bags – it’s just an example of relaxing furniture that you can include. Think sofas, cushions, gaming chairs, and more.
- Computer – you might have one already, and if so, try to wait a little bit until you get a better one. The expenses can be big when you’re redecorating a room.
- Video Projector – You can use it to play games or watch movies on a big screen.
- Speakers – Listening to quality music and the sounds from games or shows will take your man cave to a whole new level.
- Posters – Anything that will decorate your wall works, and you probably already have some things in mind. If you enjoy art, consider placing paintings, comic books, or something similar on your walls.
- Microwave – If you need to make popcorn, eat or just heat something up, this is an easy and convenient way.
Be thorough when deciding on a budget
When you contact Boca Raton moving services you’ll have to be precise about your budget. Take into consideration everything that goes into it:
- Moving costs – You may want to get rid of old furniture, bring furniture from another place to yours or just put some items into storage.
- New equipment costs
- Room painting, fixing, and similar costs
- Electricity and plumbing work
When you’ve decided how much you can spend, you can search for the options that fit your budget. Make a list of the items that you want, it’s alternatives and their prices. That will help you have a neat overview of the situation, so when it comes to the moment in which you buy the items, you’ll know exactly what’s your best option, and thus, what you should do.
Before you create your man cave, take the measurements
Before you do anything else, make sure you measure the room thoroughly. Measure every angle, every length, and, of course, don’t forget to measure the door frame. You don’t want your pool or piano movers to get stuck in front of your house. If you are creating your man cave on the upper floor, make sure you note the measures of the stairs and the entrance doors.
That way, you’ll know which furniture will easily fit. When you’re buying it, ask if it can be disassembled, if it’s easy to assemble it, and everything else you need to know in order to have it delivered easily. You don’t want to get a pool table only to realize it can’t fit through the doors. You’d have to place it somewhere else and disassemble it yourself. To have the measurements neatly laid out, draw a sketch of your room, and mark all the lengths.
Pick the furniture – see your man cave come to life
After measuring everything, take your new room plan with measurements and start looking for the furniture. You can look both online and live, but online browsing will save you some time. When you’ve narrowed down your choices, go and take a look at them live. Ask about the disassembling, delivery, and costs.
Remember that your furniture should be very comfortable. If you pick something that’s looking cool but it’s uncomfortable – you’re not going to use it at all. When picking furniture, take a look at decorative pieces as well. Lamps are never getting out of fashion, and their looks go from vintage to sci-fi. You’ll surely find the one that matches your taste and the room’s look.
Finally, place the orders
When you’ve done all the work in your room to make it fully functional, you can paint it and add the first bits of decoration like paint. After all the work, it’s time to place the orders and see how your man cave falls perfectly into place. You may need professional local movers to help you place all of the items where you want it. Your orders will likely not be arriving all on the same day. If you’re at work, it would be good to ask a friend or a family member if they can come and take the order. If not, maybe your neighbor can do it for you. Whichever the case, you can always turn to us for moving and storage. We’re more than happy to adjust to your schedule and help you create your man cave.