Avoid moving scams in Boynton Beach with these tips
Get a Free Moving Quote
"*" indicates required fields
When moving to a new home, the last thing you want is to get scammed. Relocations are expensive and stressful enough on their own, and scams can only add up to the overall price. A scam will not only put your finances at risk, but it can also put the safety of your items at risk as well. However, moving scams are the last thing you should worry about! You can easily avoid moving scams in Boynton Beach with these tips, and help others avoid them as well. New Leaf Moving Group Florida can help you with the move itself, but also with helpful advice! So, stay with us to the end of this article to stay safe from pesky scammers!
To avoid moving scams, always choose reputable movers!
It’s up to you to choose the right movers for your future move. However, in this day and age, it is hard to tell what is good and what isn’t, and this rule applies to movers. Let’s say your first step is to look up “moving companies Palm Beach County” online. You will find many websites of many companies, offering free quotes and such. Although many of these movers will look good and like they’re able to help, you might just run into a fake, well-made page. You need to know the red flags and signs of fraudulent movers if you want to be safe.
- Credible Boynton Beach movers will have their data and contact info displayed on their website. Things such as a physical address, phone number, and e-mail address are the most common indicators that your movers are real and that you can trust them.
- You will find reviews for the moving company both on their web page and other sources. You can find reviews on other pages and blogs, or you might even have friends, family, or coworkers who had experience with the company. All in all, all you have to do is know where to look for reviews and recommendations.
- Since you are moving from Florida to Chicago, you will need interstate movers to relocate you. That being said, you can use the FMCSA search tool to see if your interstate movers have a license! It’s super simple and it can save you not only some time, but a couple of bucks as well! When you use this tool, it will only show interstate movers. You can, however, view things like complaints about the company and safety and contact info.
The safer, the better: a few more tips to avoid scams when you move
Moving to Chicago from Florida isn’t easy, so you’ll want to avoid moving scams. That can be a little bit difficult, since some cons are skilled and you might fall for their tricks. There are ways to stay safe even when dealing with fraudulent movers, though, so don’t worry!
- Avoid paying for anything in cash. Pay with a card instead, as you are more likely to get your money back.
- Keep an inventory of your belongings. Make a list of your possessions and any other items. You will more likely notice if something goes missing.
- Document and keep track of everything. From your interactions with the movers to any damage on the items before and after the move. The more details you have written down, the safer you will be in case of a scam.
- Read the contract over and over again before signing it! We cannot stress this enough. Before you move to Chicago, make sure to read the moving contract entirely, even between the lines if you have to. Instead, you might want to hire a reputable moving company with moving services Boynton Beach has to offer.
- Avoid suspicious moving quotes and keep an eye out for hidden fees. Most often, you will receive low-ball quotes from so-called “rogue” movers. Be careful when dealing with them: they will load up your items and then won’t deliver them until you pay the much bigger price. Keep in mind that your moving cost will depend on a few more factors aside from zip codes and the number of rooms you have. The weight of the goods and the needed space will raise the price. Also, avoid movers that calculate the cost of the move using cubic footage/volume, as this is mostly illegal.
The key to a good move is a good plan
Plan things on time to have a safe move and to make it efficient. As soon as you figure out that you have to move, it’s time to start planning things. There are many companies specialized in long distance moving Florida can offer. They will help you only if you give them time to cooperate with you. If you can, make schedules and plans for everything. You can do it in a notebook or on a computer if that’s what you like. It’s a well-known fact that planning the move on time can save you lots of money. You will be less stressed and under pressure, because you’ll have more time. Also, you will be able to discuss the move with your movers in much greater detail. This means you will be able to discuss every single service you might need and every scenario that might occur.
Now you won’t get scammed when moving!
Now that you learned how to avoid moving scams in Boynton Beach with these tips, you will be scam-proof forever! However, there is only one very efficient tip we haven’t mentioned in the article. The best way to avoid scams when moving is to move with New Leaf Moving Group! Our movers have lots of experience, and we offer a variety of different moving services. We will never scam you and will always be 100% honest and transparent with our clients. What are you waiting for? Call us today and get your free moving quote!